Tuesday, June 26, 2007

June 26

I spent the day listening to some really smart people talk about India -- the music, the language (there are thousands of them, but I think I'm going to concentrate on Hindi), the people, the culture, the history, the economy. There is so much to learn.

I am especially looking forward to meeting the PEOPLE of India. The country has such a rich history and there have been so many influences on their culture. I look forward to learning about how I am the same and how I am different from the teachers there, and from the women, and from everyone.

I hope some of you will post comments with questions about my trip and maybe I can answer them while I'm here!

9 comments:

ISSN GPS/CF Task Shell Feedback Blog said...

Hey Jenn Zinn--I'm so excited to follow your trip. May it be everything you hoped and more. It must be HOT! Have a dosa for me, will you?

Grace

Susan Fisher said...

Hey Jenn! Have a great summer in India. We missed you in school these last few days, but I'm hoping that I'm a decent substitute for your advisory. They did win the cheering competition along with my advisory this morning! =) Woo Hoo Fishing Squad and The Zinns!

Susan

kL0VER said...

Hey Ms. Zinn!
I am very happy to read of your days in India. It's very nice to hear you are enjoying your vacation. But so far in your travels, what was the most surprising fact you have discovered about India? Have a great time, Ms. Zinn!
Katherine McGrann

Ian M. said...

Hi Miss Zinn,

Did you have a nice flight? I have a question for you to ask the people of India: what kind of movies do they like?

Ian

Mathematics is Radical said...

Hey Jenn,
sorry to hear that you're having trouble with sleeping. I tried to leave comment on your 2nd update, but there are some problems with the link. Anyway, have fun with your trip!

judy zinn said...

Hi Jenn--

Hope you had an interesting and informative day today as well. I believe that part of your learning about the people of India will include photos. I look forward to hearing your observations and seeing your pix.

MA

Jenn Zinn said...

I read your comments, and will reply with answers to your questions as soon as I get to India ... stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to visit any of the temples while you're in India??

Jenn Zinn said...

Yes! We're going to two temples today ... should be cool. I'll get some pics.