Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Last Day in Chicago

Now I am definitely ready to go to India. I have spent the last two days hearing people talk about it, and now I am really ready.

The flight tomorrow will be about 15 hours long and will take us over the North Pole, which will be cool. I have met some really amazing people with whom I'll be travelling. They are science, math, art, English as a second language, elementary school teachers and curriculum experts. I know that I have a lot to learn from all of them (and plenty of time, too, starting with our long flight tomorrow).

I enjoyed my last cheeseburger today. Am looking forward to a hot fudge sundae tomorrow before we go. These are the things I'm concentrating on.

The most interesting thing I learned today: The population density (the ratio of people to area of land) of England is higher than that of India, although people always talk about how over-populated India is.

Here's another thing to think about: I was told today that India is is 10.5 hours ahead of New York City and the Eastern Time Zone. Why is it half an hour? Why not just do 10 or 11 hours? Let me know what you figure out, and see if you can figure out what time it is there when you're posting and include it in your post. Ha ha!

2 comments:

Dan Z said...

Well don't forget to have a Chicago style hot dog before you go. (You can get one in the airport if need be.) The beauty of the dog is that it is so messy that you will spill it all over yourself and have something to snack on for 15 hours. I hope you flight goes well and that you get to India ready to learn everything your little mind can handle.
Oh – and don’t forget to order the pastrami on RYE bread when you get to the New Deli. Are there special deals since it’s the grand opening of the New Deli??

lil’ billy

Anonymous said...

Have fun Ms. Zinn! Bring back awesome stories!

sooo, if its 4:11 P.M here
then in India...it's 2:41 A.M!

:]