Friday, June 29, 2007

We Made It!

Here I am in New Delhi. We arrived last night after the long plane ride, and are enjoying an amazing hotel. We are being treated like royalty in this fancy hotel and by the UCEFI staff who have coordinated our whole trip.

I am about to go out on my first big adventure ... we'll walk around the city a bit and maybe bye some local clothing to wear to our 80+ person reception tonight. Yikes.

My favorite thing that I've noticed so far is the COLORFUL nature of this place. Everyone has such beautiful colors on, and things are decorated so brightly.

I'll post a picture or two and more stories after the big event tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Zinn,

It's Anam. I'm so excited for you. India is so beautiful, everything is really colorful. I'm so proud to have that heritage in me because my roots start back in India. The reason why I'm not still in India is because of the split that happened between Pakistan and India, and my family came over to the Pakistan side because they were Muslims. It's quite an interesting story that I enjoy telling and hearing about.

Captain, be careful with the food they sell in the local shops because most of it'll make you sick. That happens to me every time. It's fun to enjoy the local life of different countries and to learn about them, but it always comes with a price, and in this case, it's your stomach, haha.

Anyway, I'm off to China tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!!!

love,

Anam